3580 Notre-Dame St W, Montreal, QC H4C 1P4
It’s slightly embarrassing when, as a Montreal food blogger, the first Cabane à Sucre you visit is in fact not really a Cabane à Sucre, but a ”Cabane Urbaine”.
Since I’m an embarrassment to Montrealers, I have vowed to make a trip to a Cabane à Sucre this year! Promise.
In the meantime, you should know that there is a pop-up “Cabane Urbaine” that has taken over the old Café Rose-de-Lima in St. Henri. Terra Perma, a permaculture community in the heart of the Laurentians wanted to make their food, maple syrup, and community a little more accessible to us urbanites. They did not disappoint.
With a particular emphasis on SIROP’s artisinal, small-batch maple syrup, the Cabane Urbaine seeks to highlight the small food productions from their community members and neighbours in Harrington Valley.
Here are just a few reasons you should check out this SWEET pop-up:
1. Feel like you have been transported up north through their rustic décor and cozy digs.
2. It is literally on Notre Dame in St. Henri and you have no excuse.
3. Maple syrup everything and maple syrup on everything.
4. The food is elevated Cabane à Sucre fare that you wouldn’t necessarily even find at a real Cabane à Sucre.
5. They will turn any skeptic into a lover of their fried “chicken” (really made with seitan). (Dip it in maple syrup. Trust me.)
6. You get A LOT for $30 (see for yourself below).
7. Sugar pie.
8.It’s only around for 6 weeks, so you don’t want to miss out!
A L L Y O U N E E D T O K N O W
Terra Perma’s Cabane Urbaine is a pop-up Cabane à Sucre located on Notre Dame O in the old Café Rose de Lima. It is only here for a limited time (6 weekends – until April 30th), so be sure to check out their maple goodness in a cozy atmosphere before it’s too late. Opened weekends for brunch and dinner starting soon! Call (514) 222-9218 to reserve.
Just walk-In (and expect to wait) • Reserve the Day Of • Reserve the Week Of • Reserve 3-Months in Advance
PJs Would Do • Jeans and a Tee • Effort Required • Dress to Impress
Don’t Expect Much • Pretty Chill • Trendy• Expect a Party
Parking Lot • Free on Sidestreets • Meters • You should Probably Uber
Not For Picky Eaters • Diverse Menu Options • Accommodating • Vegan Option
Cheap Eats: $ • Affordable: $$ • Deep Pockets: $$$ • “Let’s Split the Bill…”: $$$$